Objectives and Goals
The Tourism Industry Council NSW (TICNSW) is the industry voice of Australia’s largest and most diverse tourism market. Tourism contributes more than $20 billion and 180,000 jobs to the State economy, making it one of the most important of all markets for the State.
TICNSW is committed to working with all sectors of the tourism industry to ensure all associated companies operating across Sydney and regional NSW receive proper levels of support. As a membership driven organization with strong links with government, industry and community organization, TICNSW will continue to act as a pro-active advocacy and lobby group for the growth of all tourism related markets.
Key Objectives of TICNSW:
- Represent the tourism industry as the peak body in NSW;
- Promote the importance and value of tourism as a major contributor to the economic, social and employment health of NSW;
- Ensure that clear and concise policies and position statements are in place so that no single industry sector, association, region or member shall be expected to lobby on its own.
- Promote and facilitate the development and promotion of media and marketing strategies for NSW within NSW, Australia and overseas;
- Increase ties between the industry and all local, State and Federal Government stakeholders with an interest in any sector of the tourism industry;
- Promote and facilitate special attention to the special needs of regional areas.
Key Goals of TICNSW:
- Promote the development of a sustainable tourism industry in NSW.
- Build a strong and effective voice for tourism industry in NSW through a strong advocacy program.
- Develop sound tourism policy that helps the businesses of its Members grow.
- Foster continual business improvement and recognition among its Members.
- Offer skills building and learning opportunities to the tourism workforce.
- Help build a quality service culture in Australian tourism.